Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Life As An Introvert: Be Courageous

Last weekend, I met someone who happens to be my best friend, he gave me a psychological test (which I knew/realised in the end, damn you) and it came to a point that I described my future with nothing but pure white, loneliness, and one straight footpath.

I realise that it is must be related to my move to Singapore for good. We talked a lot and I had a good time hearing his explanation, basically what he said was all makes sense. Well people, you know you can treat me well by giving me something that I can take it logically. So, what I can sum up from his interpretation on my life is, I need courage to make that pure white go colourful.


Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear - Meg Cabot


Hi friends,

I know I am scared right now, I do not have any idea what will happen next but I have prepared what I have to do right now to face the blank future :)

Focus on what I am doing right now
It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time. However, it is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.


It is always hard to foresee the future, too many considerations and sometimes the project can seem close to impossible. It leads us to become overwhelmed and feel aimlessly instead.

I know I have to go back from future to present moment, back to today, back to now!

What I need is just to focus the first step today, nothing else. Kate, be strong, what you need is just another step forward and another step forward, don't think too far. I should put myself in a state that I can become more positive, open, and enthusiastic about what life will offer ahead.

Be an optimist 
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.


What I learn a lot from my past experiences is I should focus on what makes me happy and happier; and help me making huge difference compared to focus on what is wrong in every situation and or what makes me more of a victim. Nah.

What I usually do in the morning is, I pray, I give thank to the Almighty God that I can wake up this morning, I can feel the good day ahead, and I say thanks again for several times. I fill my mind and emotional system with positive input from people, I say good morning to my parents, sisters, and best friends, I play the calming music, or read one or two chapters of a very good book. I say hi to several friends because I believe their happy thoughts have a big influence and it is contagious. I limit my time with negative people. I keep my positive attitude up to the limit.

I practice it in my real life that there is no problem bigger than my faith.

Be persistent. I don't give up.
Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. And if you're going through hell, keep going.


Society tells us to look for quick fixes and it is easier to give up so soon. After we have failed several times, we feel like Geez, what the hell is going on with me, I give up on this. Don't. I have failed several times and I have been going through something like it's never ending stories. I learn a lot from failures. Thus, I don't give up too early, we are not a baby, we have brain and mind that have reasonable time-frame for success, it might be not realistic but it is possible. Thus, I should tell you that we should never quit. It is also wise to keep going on our current path a little bit longer.

Try and try again.

It is immensely helping to know what you really want, really, really, really want. We can find inner motivation to build inner strength like persistence.

Most troubles never happen!
When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.


Most things we fear will happen never happen. They are just zombies/monsters in our own mind and if they happen then they will most often not be as painful or bad as we expected.

Worrying is most often just a waste of time.

Maybe you may think back and remind yourself of how little of what you feared throughout your life that has actually happened, you can start to release more and more worry from your own thoughts.

Freedom lies in being bold - Robert Frost

So,  that's a wrap. Those are several points that I will do currently.

Well people,
I wish you all could start your day and future plan by doing something what you really want in this life.
I wish you all could move through your day to day life with a feeling of much lighter, happier, and more optimistic attitude.

God bless you, All.

PS: If a concept of God is too absurd for you, take another term that might you think that way. Universe will do.