Monday, August 13, 2012

One Simple Question

Hi All,

I would like to quickly share a simple thought that helps me to keep my bedroom, home and life simpler and less cluttered. The simple thought will help us to determine if an item should stay or go:

Have I used this item in the last year?

It depends on your answers, if you haven't used it in a year, it is probably that you will not use it in the future either. Put your item into two piles. One that contains things that can go to local second-hand shop or recycle (clothing, books, furniture, etc) and the other piles contains your things that go straight to the garbage.

I usually do it periodically (honestly, quite often!). I screen all of my things and start to put in on the piles that go straight to the garbage. I continue to declutter just because I don't want to feel overwhelmed with all of useless things.

And if you choose to keep an item then give it a home in your drawer. Put it back there where it belongs every time you have used it to reduce the weekly buildup of clutter and to always know where to find the item. Life is easy.