Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Moment To Savor, Not To Endure




Don't ever save anything for a special occasion.

October 1 is my birthday. I encounter one third of my whole life from the 75 years old of expectation living in this world. If I succeed to live more than 75 years old then it is a lucky draw from God.

So, I have only 50 more years in here. Living in 25 years old right now put me into the next step of deep thought that I should live every single day as a special occasion because there is a lot of things that I had not seen or heard or done, or, I had done it without realising that they were special.

Being in this one third of my life, I will balance everything. I should enjoy my life. I open my heart and forgive the one I love most. I am reading more. I am sitting and admiring the view. I am spending more time with my family and friends.

Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experience to savor, not endure.

I will cherish the moment of now and I am not "saving" anything for special event. I wear best dress and wear make up. I wear my good summer dress to the market if I feel I want to wear it. I am not saving my good perfume for special parties. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see or hear or do it now.

I sign up for so many handicraft and art events in Singapore. I enrol painting class in Singapore National Museum and art galleries. I still love doing my assignments from campus. It brightens me.

I knew that my hours were limited. I won't save anything that would add happiness in my life. When the sun is rising every morning, I will tell myself that today is a special day.

Happy Birthday, Kate.
I love you.
You are getting better to know who you are and what you like.
And always remember, life should be a moment to savor, not to endure.
And no, you are not writing these words full of happiness just because you are in a good mood.

You are writing it just because you realise and feel it both in your brain and your heart.