Monday, April 14, 2014

Being Happily Alone

It seems today, there is something wrong if you're alone or if you choose to be alone, not in the term of being lonely but just enough to feel solitary. We praise those that know how to handle themselves in a crowd, people with vast network of friends. Yes, the extroverts. We think that working in groups and on teams is the only way to find the answer to a problem and that two heads are better than one.

I don't feel that way. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me when I don't feel like going to parties or working on big teams or being the center of attention. And oh, brainstorming, I hate those sessions like I wanna just go home and die. I also see my friends wondering what is wrong with me when I want to stay in. I see them collaborating on projects together, I also see them being so alive when they have brainstorm sessions and wonder if there's something wrong with me because I prefer to shut my mouth and prefer to work alone. All I can take at least some solace in knowing that I'm not alone and I'm not the only one who feels the way I feel.

I've been writing a lot about my own self being an introvert in this blog and being an introvert doesn't mean I don't enjoy going out or having friends or being the center of attention once in a while.

It means that is not where I get the most value from my life. 

If I'm going to work on a team, don't ask me to brainstorm with you as I won't come up with anything useful *grin. Maybe you can leave me alone to think awhile and you might be surprised at what I can accomplish.

Well, that are things that I'm still struggling on these days. I live in a bunch of extroverts and I don't know yet how to stay alive in this situation :| They suck up my energy and I feel so drained. People might think that I'm anti social, I'm not. I just gain my strength and value close relationships.

Good day, everyone.

Like they say..
"There is great value in being alone. And handling it well is a beautiful thing."