Friday, November 7, 2014

He will make it better

I remember when I first fell in love with my husband now; it was a very scary feeling, as I had managed to elude love, hatred and in between for the entirety of my life before him. I specifically remember the transition from when I felt so empty and did not believe the word love itself and when I began to love him.

He went from being someone who made me smile, laugh to being the greatest catalyst of happiness and joy in my life. He went from a cool looking guy (oh yes, he's an engineer *wink) to the most important person in my life. He went from my crush to the love of my life.

You may experience love differently and the word "love" itself is extremely subjective, but I say for certain that anyone who's experienced it knows it is the best feeling ever and it is hard to remember how I lived without him.

He is the first person I think about when I wake up and the last person I think about before I go to sleep. When something good happens to me, he is the first person I want to tell and when something bad happens to me, I look to him for his support.

He is now my husband and he has some imperfections. But to me, it means that he's unique and I love his imperfections. When I tease him, he thinks I am making fun of him, but I am truly just admiring him. I accept his faults.

So do I. I have so much room for improvement. Being in love will force me to work on these things. I want to be the best version of myself for the person I love. I am better person now than I was before I met him.

And finally, after all of these long journeys. I married my best friend. I feel like, together, I can take on the world. As Childish Gambino said, "When I'm alone, I'd rather be with you." Seeing my husband is always the highlight of my day and I never truly get tired of him. No matter how great my day might be going, my husband will make it better.

:)