Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Forgiveness

Source


To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness - Robert Muller, Assistant Secretary General of the United States


The weak can't never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong - Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi said it very well when he said that forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Forgiveness is also related to loving act. For most people including me, to forgive is very hard to do. In fact to forgive, it takes a whole lot of courage to do it.

However, why do we find it so hard to forgive someone? Maybe because it is too hurt? Is it because of the need to let the person knows that we are angry with him/her? Or is it because if we forgive the person, it means that the person wins?

Forgiving someone does not necessary mean that we approve or agree with what that person did.

Most people think that to forgive is all about the other person. The fact is when you forgive someone, you free yourself from anger; anger is a very strong negative feeling and it blocks you from loving.

Me too. I was struggling to face my anger and I considered myself becoming a very cruel person.


He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.


We cannot love unless we have accepted forgiveness, and the deeper our experience of forgiveness is, the greater is our love - Paul Tillich

What I have learnt, being angry allowed the person or situation to take over control of you. By forgiving, you are not only freeing yourself but also taking control of the situation and yourself. Being in control will give you the power to choose your reaction. Thus do yourself a favor today and I always remember that forgiving another person does not set him/her free but it sets you free instead.

Forgiveness is a gift I give to myself instead something I give to another person. It is the best gift I can give to myself and I can benefit greatly from it too.

For the past months, I always learn to forgive and it gives you a lighter feeling that you can ever imagine. Learning to forgive those who have attacked me has been a powerful tool in my life. When I harbor anger and resentment toward another person it only hurts me and I am the one who suffers.

This is a very good lesson for me and for you.

I am always wrong if I can't forgive others. It is for myself and because I still have a very good sincere heart deep down inside. It is because I still value my soul to be a kind-hearted person. It is because I don't want to hold the past and the hatred anymore.

It is because I realise I was once a loving person before my life is full of hatred and anger. But now I want to prove that I am still a loving person and I have the courage to say it by forgiving and release the pain.