Saturday, June 22, 2013

How to boost your self esteem and love yourself more

Everybody is good-looking. Everybody is successful. Everybody has cuter girlfriend or boyfriend. Everybody has.. you name it. All the thoughts that put your self esteem down and prevent you to create and love your self more.

We know that we spend a lot of time focusing on our relationship with other people, both extroverts and introverts. But, we often neglect the relationship with ourselves. The way we see ourselves and our level of self esteem affects the way you see the world. I'm just trying to point it out several things that I do to re-boost my self esteem that I am so worth it in this world.

List of personal good traits
What things are you good at? What best qualities you, your friends and your partner like? You must be have the good things within. Write down everything you can think of. Keep your list and pull it out anytime you start feeling insecure or down on yourself.

Revisit your past accomplishments
What things have you done in the past that you're proud of? You might think you haven't accomplished anything, but when you think back, you have probably done way more than you realize.

Think of what you loved as a kid
What were your favorite things to do when you were a kid? Boost your self-esteem by revisiting the things that you used to love. Take up art again or start playing football again. Do the run because what we did as a kid were the things we did purely for fun.

Spend time with fun people
It could be your friends. It could be your love partner. Laugh is the best trick to boost your self-esteem, surround yourself with people who are easy going and fun. Avoid people who are negative because they will bring you down to their level. Fun people will build you up. It doesn't matter if you're an introvert and don't like to hang out. You can spend yourself to one or two that you are comfortable with. I usually spend my time a lot with my boyfriend and best friends. I feel so good because I choose positive things.

Say something positive to yourself each day
There is no perfect person in this world. Say something good to yourself, enough beat yourself up. You need a break. Make it a habit, like brushing your teeth and look in the mirror and compliment yourself that you're so fine and your life is full of blesses. Compliments aren't just for other people.

Banish negative self-talk
We have so many negative thoughts throughout the day that we probably don't even realize all of the nasty things we think about ourselves and others. We start to be insecure. Try to be more aware of your thoughts and stop yourself every time you start to beat yourself up in your mind. I am still facing this kind of negative thoughts because of my personal bad experience in the past. It makes me insecure and over-thinking towards everything. Once I feel that, I just try to breathe and tell myself that everything is okay and try to control my mind.

Set goals and reward yourself
One of the best ways to feel good about ourselves is to accomplish a goal. Set some goals for the short and long term and set out to achieve them. Have a reward in mind for when you reach them. For example, I just finished my school as my promise from the old time that I will get my master's degree at 25 years old and get decent job. What next? Divide your goals into several aspects e.g. life, love, career, etc. You will feel great about accomplishing what you set out to do and you get a treat out of it to make you feel even better about yourself.

Good luck :)